The Ghana Tertiary Awards is the highest level of Award Scheme granted to the over 300,000 students within the 340 Tertiary Institutions, as a form of recognition of their works and efforts to the development of Ghana.
It is to Award students whose lives have changed their society positively, through their contribution(s) in the area of their work even though they are students.
The Award Scheme provides a platform to celebrate students with great achievements, an innovative and dynamic framework for the exchange of ideas in developing knowledge, connecting institutions, and students, equipping students with skills of picking up leadership roles, inspiring and empowering them to affect the economic development and bring social change.
Since 2014, the Ghana Tertiary Awards has produced over 200 Winners who are well known and celebrated in their various fields of work.
7 Editions of the award scheme have been headlined by the Universal Merchant Bank.
Each year, Ghana Tertiary Awards brings together Tertiary Institutions, Tertiary Students, Government Officials, Non-Governmental Organizations, Business Entities, Public Figures, Influential People, and the General Public.
This year happens to be the 9th Edition of the Biggest Students Festival!!!
Universal Merchant Bank Ghana Tertiary Awards is to award students whose lives changed their society through their contribution in the area of their work even though they are students.
- To understand why the students lose their way and self-awareness needed to avoid derailment.
- To equip the students with leadership principles, values, and ethical boundaries that will enable them to handle pressures when severely challenged.
- To find strategies to eliminate extreme, up-hold human rights, and safeguard a sustainable community and human dignity for the poor and vulnerable population.
- To use this Awards platform to talk to them to take leadership positions right from school or community or parliament or hold international roles to boost the current quota.
- To use this year’s Awards Festival to educate the students on “Students, The Greatest Asset of Ghana”.
- To explore the understanding of entrepreneurship and identify factors and resources which are useful in the undertaking initiatives and entrepreneurial activities by students.
- To understand what is motivating them, both extrinsically and intrinsically and to find leadership paths that will enable them to utilize their motivated capabilities.